Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic prescribed to children for the treatment of a wide array of bacterial infections. Alencure Health Formulations brings to you Cefpodoxime Proxetil in the form of dry syup. The dry syrups have higher bioavailability than tablets and capsules making them excellent for pediatric use. Our Cefpodoxime Proxetil 50mg dry syrup is formulated with a large dosage of the active ingredients allowing it to get easily absorbed in the gastro intestinal tract. The medicine is highly beneficial in the treatment of infections caused by bacteria such as acute otitis media (inflammation of middle ear leading to pain and fever), tonsilitis (sore throat, difficulty swallowing and tender lymph nodes), chronic bronchitis (inflammation of the airways present in the lungs leading to cough with mucus), community acquired pneumonia (inflammation of lungs leading to congestion), gonorrhoea (sexually transmitted infection in rectum, cervix or vagina).
Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your healthcare professional and do not indulge in the overdosage of the medicine. Do not use the medicine after its expiration date to avoid any adverse side effects. Some of the commonly seen side effects noticed on using Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup are diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any antibiotic, kidney or liver problems.
Medical Benefits of Cefpodoxime Proxetil 50mg Dry Syrup
Cefpodoxime Proxetil 50mg dry syrup is primarily prescribed to children for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections targeting the ears, eyes, nose, throat, lungs, skin, gastrointestinal tract, and urinary tract. It is also effective in treating typhoid fever in children and adolescents. It is an antibiotic medicine that works by stopping or preventing the bacteria from multiplying by disrupting their cell wall formation, which is essential for the bacteria to survive as it provides protection from the environment. This way cefpodoxime kills the infection causing bacteria and provide relief from the infections. Some of the common indications for Cefpodoxime Proxetil are mentioned as follows:
- Otitis media
- Pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis
- Rectal gonococcal infections in women
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Acute maxillary sinusitis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Urethral and cervical gonorrhea
Directions For Use
Carefully read the description given along the medicine. Take the dry syrup as per the prescription given by your doctor. Tap the bottle to loosen the powder. Add two-thirds of the sterile water (provided with the pack) and shake the bottle vigorously. Add more water up to the mark on the bottle and shake well before using. Leave the suspension alone for 5 minutes and take it afterwards.
Side Effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil 50mg Dry Syrup
There are mild to moderate side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup that get resolved over time. The side effects may not be same in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the treatment. Immediately inform your doctor in case your side effects worsen or persists with time. The range of side effects noticed on using the Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup are mentioned as follows:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash including diaper rashes and fungal skin rashes
- Abscess, allergic reaction, and facial edema
- Localized edema, and pain
Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup may interact with other medicines when taken together and cause adverse side effects. The medicine can also interact with food items and in the presence of certain health conditions. The list of drugs who tends to interact with Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup are mentioned as follows:
- Probenecid (used to prevent and treat gouty arthritis)
- Warfarin (used to prevent and treat blood clots)
- Estrogen (reduces the vaginal symptoms of menopause)
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or fluid retention eg: spironolactone, bumetanide, torsemide
Safety Precautions and Warnings
- Avoid consuming alcohol in the presence of Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup as it may hinder with the absorption of the medicine.
- Do not take Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup without doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your newborn.
- Stay cautious of Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup if you are suffering from any kidney or liver disorder.
- Keep the Cefpodoxime Proxetil dry syrup away from children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- In case of overdosage immediately consult your doctor.